I have not blogged in quite a long time. I'm sure my grade will suffer, but that's what you get for neglecting your small plot on the interweb. I am currently sick, and I am frustrated, but I am also very excited. This past Thursday I got to ask Brittany to marry me, and with all the tension I was feeling leading up to that point, she said yes! That made me think of what it means to be loved by God and love Him in return.
God comes to us boldly, asking us to follow Him through better or worse. He doesn't feel the worry because He knows that life with Him is good. He knows that no matter how many time we get kicked, injured, or sick, He is constant.
Sadly, it seems that we love God when we feel good. We can find it easy to love God when things are going well, when happiness seems to never end; it becomes second nature. When we fall however we see ourselves faced with a different reaction. Sin, like a bad memory, triggers a feeling of sever discomfort. We find ourselves nervous, ashamed, scared, and timid to respond to God. We know that we have done wrong, and sooner or later we will feel guilt from what we have done.
This is why God is so good. This is why no matter what we feel, He is constant. We may hurt ourselves, and we definitely hurt Him. He is the one who made the commitment to never leave our side, the one who took on our humiliation so that we can remain with Him.
I like that kind of love.
This is a good reminder of Gods faithfulness. Even when we may be at our lowest He's right there, but we can't like He isn't, thats good. I definitely fall into that state of loving God when I feel like it sometimes and it only weighs down on me. When those times hit I need to reassure myself that God is right there too.
ReplyDelete