I don't have anything witty to say
I'm tired.
I do have a thought though;
here it is
We should operate like a well oiled machine. I have been thinking about my latest Kairos moment from the book and I have found myself hoping for something that we may never fully experience here on earth. We are crafted in the Lords image, sculptures of an invisible God placed on earth to do one thing. This one thing of course is to spread the Kingdom of the Lord, and we as human beings are the only ones capable of doing so. The fall finds us as broken, cracked icons with the same original task but without the proper tools to do so.
I was thinking this morning during worship as to how I should be remembering while I worship. As I began to recall some of the history that I have learned I began to find myself seeing each worship song in a different light. I sang songs with move vigor because I now knew that what I was singing was bigger than my immediate situation. As I did this I realized that I taped into a deeper level of worship, one that I have never spent time in. I stopped myself and wrote down a question: What if the body is a rusty machine?
A well oiled machine runs at full capacity and always completes the task that it was designed to do. We were once flawless beings with the ability to maintain the task we were given. When we fell into darkness the inner workings of our heart and soul were bound by the knowledge of our sin. The beings that were designed to create only good now produced sin and because of this we could no longer do what we were designed to do perfectly. I believe that through this Kairos God is showing me that I need to observe and absorb more. I believe that when the body operates at full capacity we see the truest form of worship, one that holds account of the past as well as plans for the future. We see the body of Christ moving in unity with one another in a forward progression of like hearts, minds, and souls.
My Kairos has not moved further, it has only gotten deeper. My heart is rusty; I need a tune up.

Man, this is so good. I think because of this earth, it is like we are sitting in the rain, constantly rusting. Sin is in the way of us getting to God. We need to remind ourselves every day, every hour, who our King is. We need to oil that machine to keep it from rusting away.
ReplyDelete